Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Review: Megafeats Revisited.



We have an over 80 page pdf full of feats with no feat table. I'm already upset.

Looking at the feats I immediately started to encounter really broken feats but that's not the norm for feats other than the 'Birthright' feats, feats that can only  be taken at first level. Its a nice idea that I've seen before but most of them are obscenely overpowered. Also, unfortunately, the first one I encountered is a result of a sexual encounter between a human and animal. Because that happens in legends I let that once slide but the book does have a number of feats that are not subtle. There's a feat that gives you bonuses to sex related charisma checks, one that involves period blood and one called Zooamourous Breeder, an item creation feat that allows you to breed mixed creature type creatures in your womb(or an artificial one). What is this F.A.T.A.L.? I noticed that the same author has a book called 'Fursona', should I be concerned? The fact that feats like this keep popping up every once in a while makes the product feel creepy despite there not being that many of them. And that's disregarding the descriptions on some of the birthright feats that conjure images that you don't want in your head. Now full disclosure; I'm a total perv, but this product is off putting to me because the attention to the subject does not feel mature to me, or at least feels like the work of certain kinds of players that will turn a game session into their weird sex fantasy.

There's some feats that feel like they had another system in mind. I find references to rules or actions that don't exist in Pathfinder. Ability score names are in ALL CAPS which is weird but doesn't hurt anything. Some have abilities with no description on what kind of action it takes to use them. Metamagic feats don't tell you how they raise the spells level.

I don't like this book. The tons of feats have no tables, they are either too broken, too weak, too gross or just outright don't work, and on top of that the feats referring to some sex act that even the old Book of Erotic Fantasy doesn't touch make me feel embarrassed that I paid money for it. I wouldn't allow most of the things in this book. Its like a litmus test for who's going to be the player you're going to have to kick out of the game. I'm giving this one out of five stars. And then I'm taking a shower.

You can find it on Paizo.com over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment