Monday, November 2, 2015

Review: Advanced Archetypes II



From Flaming Crab Games, here is a collection of 20 new archetypes for your Pathfinder classes.

One thing that really stands out is that the pdf is nicely presented. At no point was I confused as to what something did, what an archetype replaced or had to squint to figure out which archetype was which. About the only problem was that the references to feats and spells don't have notifications for what book they come from.

On the crunch side there are a few bumps in the road that throw me off. Nonstandard language like the Quickblade's ability becoming 'constant' start me up but nothing that I've noticed really caused an ability to be confusing so its just me being fussy. And that's really where my criticism ends. I can't find an archetype that I didn't at least consider taking in the future. Some of the highlights is are the archetypes for the Advanced Class Guide. I particularly liked the Druidy archetype for Warpriest and War Genius for the Investigator. They aren't as outlandish as some archetypes I've seen but it opens up enough doors to be interesting and above a lot of archetype books I've seen.

All around these are nice archetypes that I would gladly take so I would give the product 5 stars out of 5.

You can find it over on Paizo here.

No comments:

Post a Comment